3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 ½ cups whole milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 cups Fred’s brown onions (thinly sliced)
15 ounce chicken broth or stock
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 ½ cups white sauce
Making the white sauce:
In a saucepan melt butter add flour, cook on medium heat until the flour turns thick and comes away from the side of the saucepan.
Pour milk in flour a little at a time and stir constantly. Mixture should thicken and become thick.
Stir constantly taking care not to let mixture lump, set aside off from heat until ready to use for the soup.
Making the onion soup:
In 2nd saucepan place 3 tablespoons butter and sliced onions.
Cook at low to medium heat stirring until soft and clear but not brown.
Adding chicken broth or stock, chicken bouillon cubes, bay leaves, pepper, and stir until completely heated through.
Mixing the white sauce and onion soup:
Add white sauce to onion mixture. White sauce will be thick because it has been removed from the heat. Simmer on medium low heat until all ingredients are blended, stirring constantly.
Turn temperature to warm and let cook for additional 30 minute to 45 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
1 Fred’s produce potato
2 mushrooms, some brocolli
half Fed’s red onion,
1. peel of potatoes skin and cut into strips , cut carrot, mushrooms and brocolli into strips
2. Cook a small pot of water and add potato and carrot into boil for 5 mins (add pinch of salt into the pot)
3. After 5 mins take out the carrot and potato
4. Stir fry the onion with a tablespoon of oil till fragrance
5. Add in strips mushrooms and strips brocolli ; stir well for 2 mins
6. Add the strips potato and strips carrot into step 5 and stir well
7. Add a pinch of salt and pepper (your preference) and add some the water (cooked potato and carrot) , simmering for 2 mins. Set aside
8. Beat 5 eggs (pinch of salt and peppers)
9. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and fried the eggs , set a side
10. Take the egg as base and add the steps 7 on the egg skin and wrap it up.
11. Plating !! Viola serve while it warm!!
Copyright © 2021 Fred's Produce Pte Ltd - All Rights Reserved.